Thursday, October 6, 2011

Jumping out of a perfectly fine airplane

A longtime friend of mine named Joe has been working as a skydiving instructor now for almost two years, and for nearly just as long has been trying to get me to come out to the dropzone for a jump. Now mind you, Joe is a guy who can't be relied upon to keep his shoes tied, so relying on him to keep me from splatting on the ground was never something I'd want to test out.

However, a co-worker recently jumped with Joe and made it back all in one piece, and after she called me out for being a sissy I finally hit up Joe and we decided to jump out of a plane together. Long story short, I didn't die, and it was one of the coolest things I've ever done in my life.

And most importantly, I've got the video to prove it!


3 comments:

Betty Manousos said...

Oh my gosh! that is exrtemely awesome!

you're my hero! :)
betty

Anonymous said...

Brett sorry to bother you again, but I need your help. I sent you a message in Facebook.
thanks

Lucas

by the way... Great Jump!

Jen said...

Hi Brett,
Sorry to contact you this way. I found you through a link on a help page related to randomly missing photos on random blog entries. Might you be so kind to help me?!! I'm SO frustrated and can't figure out where to go for help. All help forums are dated to 2010 and seem to be "resolved" and I can't reach anyone on all the threads I'm finding. You are my hope for solving this! Thanks for being so kind, in advance! My email: jduncan77@gmail.com

By the way, went sky diving when I was 18 and it was awesome! Now that I'm 30+, I don't think I could do it again!! My fear increases with age... ;)
Thanks,
Jen